Does anyone need supers modified to suit flow frames? Melbourne Australia

I am working with a local carpenter to modify some supers for flow frames and windows - while we make them is there anyone interested in them? Would it make sense to produce a big batch in one go?

Cheers
Benedict

Continuing the discussion from Flow box with viewing window:

2 Likes

Thanks, that was exactly what I was thinking, pre-order and then make

1 Like

Your Chippy friend is not shy of 60 yo and called Eric??

I ordered a full hive with box (7 frames) but I think I will likely start off with either three or four flows in a super with regular frames on either side. Would be good to have spare supers that fits the three or four flow setup as well as the flow box as a backup. If you get enough interest I would also be keen but would only want one or two boxes so will likely cut them myself.

Would there be any reason to not set them up for a full 7 frame box? if you only put in 3 and used regular frames on each side would it cause an issue?

Well cool, I solved the problem. You don’t have to do custom configurations then, you could just set them all up for 7 and be good to go!

; -)

Well, RATS.

Is there a problem with beespace behind the removable cover that normally fills the slot, in the spaces where the flow frame isn’t?

Heh. Ok, I guess we wait to figure out the fine details ; -)

No he is probably half that age :smile:

Its early days, I think I will work out costs based upon how much interest we get and then see how we go

I would be interested in getting one, but I am in Sydney. Would that work??
Anerys

Thanks Anery we can probably post them up but lets see how it goes with demand first
Cheers
Benedict