A good beekeeping book

I have exhausted the small selection of beekeeping books at my local library and want to buy something and keep as an ongoing reference and relevant to beekeepers in Australia.

Is The Australian Beekeeping Manual by Robert Owen a good choice for a novice?

1 Like

I’m a new beekeeper (first season and with a Flowhive Hybrid 3). I have read a lot of books to learn about this, but my favorite for referencing is " Honey Bee Biology and Beekeeping" by Dewey Caron. There is so much wonderful information in this book–it covers just about everything you might think of.

1 Like

You won’t go wrong with that choice HW. It covers from very basic to areas that you will open the book to in years to come as a reference book. I guess as so many apiary supply shops have it for sale speaks volumes for it and at about $50 it is a winner for Australian bee keeping.
Cheers Peter

1 Like

Cheers Pete, I actually just bought for $34 delivered.

Thanks for that I’ll have a look at it too.

1 Like

Yes.
Here I did a bit of a review.

2 Likes

Thank you… that is awesome busso!

2 Likes

When I first ventured into beekeeping, I was hungry for knowledge. Like you, I scoured the library shelves for beekeeping wisdom. But the selection was limited, and I needed something more, something tailored to the Australian beekeeping scene.
That’s when I stumbled upon “The Australian Beekeeping Manual” by Robert Owen. It was like a ray of sunshine in my beekeeping world. With its Aussie-centric approach, it felt like I had a seasoned beekeeping mate guiding me through the intricacies of our unique beekeeping landscape.
However, my beekeeping adventure didn’t stop there. Recently, I became obsessed with Colleen Hoover Books, and I found this treasure on Bookworm Era.