Found a very interesting Web/Pod Cast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKnLqK8g_4
I just found out Bayer is the originator of Neonicitinoids and is present in Baby Bio!!
Main elements of the proposal to ban Neonics:
- The proposal restricts the use of 3 neonicotinoids (clothianidin, imidacloprid and thiametoxam) for seed treatment, soil application (granules) and foliar treatment on bee attractive plants and cereals.
- In addition, the remaining authorised uses are available only to professionals.
- Exceptions will be limited to the possibility to treat bee-attractive crops in greenhouses, in open-air fields only after flowering.
- The restrictions will apply from 1 December 2013.
- As soon as new information is available, and at the latest within 2 years, the Commission will review the conditions of approval of the 3 neonicotinoids to take into account relevant scientific and technical developments.