Bee stuuung me!

We use Colgate also, but only because that is what we buy the most of. :smile:

Edit: My husband tells me that Sensodyne works pretty well too. :blush:

1 Like

Ahā€¦that makes sense!

Interesting. I will try that next time!

Hope this works as well for you as it does for me.
Regards, Roger

Faroe, I use Colgate tooth paste ā€¦ I buy small travel tubes because they fit in my bees suiteā€¦ cheers Gerald

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good idea :wink: I think I might do that too :slight_smile:

I get free travel samples from my dentist every time I go for a cleaning. Those travel tubes fit very nicely in my bee kit bag. :blush:

1 Like

Oh dear, my brain just slipped into silly mode. Singing adaptation of an old war song:

Pack up your toothpaste in your Bee Kit Bag
And smile, smile, smile.
While youā€™ve a lucifer to light your smokers,
Smile beeks thatā€™s the style!
Whatā€™s the use of worrying?
Bees sting us all the while!
So pack up your toothpaste (and Benadryl and Epi-pen) in your Bee Kit Bag
And smile, smile, smile.

:blush: :smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yaaah Dawn !

I do think some days weā€™re both a quarter of a bumble off ! ( I meant bubble not bumble ) Going out n working with stinging jnsects of our own choice n liking it :wink::+1::exclamation:ļø Ta Ta ā€¦ Jerry

1 Like

I havenā€™t had to use smoke at all. They do not like it so much when I move the frames about but settle right down. I had hive beetle problems to the point of desimation of the hive. I bought some hive beetle nematodes and yep almost problem solved I had seen 4 killed 3 and the last one got trapped in the swifter towel I placed in the hive. Saw it on YouTube JJfarms worked great for me.

1 Like

I just tried a remedy for stings recommended on this site and I have to say I am impressed. I had always been a toothpaste userā€¦but I think I may have to switch to raw garlic. Lucky for me I have some in my garden, so always some on hand. I just cut a clove in half and start rubbing. So far, it has relieved the pain within a minute or so and no itching. Worth a try to see if it works for you.

1 Like

I used garlic on a sting again today and it worked great. My workers carry a clove in their pocket just in case.

1 Like

You have to sacrifice a live chicken and slow roast it in garlic broth. Once finished, the sting will be forgotten.

6 Likes

Absolutely, because the garlic would do such a number on my IBS, the sting would seem like chump change by comparison. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I picked up a great tool from Lee Valley tools the other day. The Therapik. image It is a small laser that raises the temperature of venom to 60 degrees celcius and in doing so breaks it down so it has no effect. No swelling, no itch. I had real swelling and itching before from my bee stings. The other day, I have no idea for they did it, but about 6 got into my suit and I had numerous stings on my neck and chest and arms. The ones I treated all went away. I missed one and boy was it itchy and swelling the next day. they are $18. Well worth it.

So it really works? And you donā€™t work for the company?

According to Gizmodo it worksā€¦ http://gizmodo.com/5935350/therapik-bug-bite-relieving-gadget-review-we-cant-believe-this-actually-works

The Therapik device doesnā€™t seem to be available in Oz but there seems to be a similar device being sold here: http://biteawayaustralia.com.au/

I havenā€™t tried either device but @PastorPā€™s post had me googlingā€¦

So the Flow hive really works? And you donā€™t work for the company??? :heart_eyes::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing:

1 Like

No I dont work for Lee Valley, and it is probably a good thing I dont! I would spend all my salary on all the cool tools they have!! In real life I pastor a church here in the south Okanagan, BC. I was having a fair bit of swelling and itching from the few stings I was getting and thought this gizmo was worth a try. And so far, it is great!!

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I was just checking, you never know with some people posting on this forum. Itā€™s really interesting to have a chemical free solution for both bees and mozzies, and maybe even ticks?
Especially if your prone to allergic reactions. I may have to get one :slight_smile: