Complete Flow™ Super is 3/4 Full in UK

Found out what I did wrong - the slope on the hive had changed over the year and was now forwards not backwards - easy fix!!
Did another extraction 2 more frames all well 3 more frames to extract

Hi Valli are you running on two brood boxes? its my first year I started with one colony in one brood box I have split it twice and have had four swarms the including one yesterday. Not sure where I’m going wrong but no honey for me this year.

Yes double brood on 8 Frame Langstroth - Emerald is a prolific Queen - Had about 10 frames off her for breeding this year as well.

Where are you in the UK Mark??

I’m in mid wales, they don’t seem to use the outer frames? everything I have read on here suggests that the brood box needs to be full before putting the flow frames on but that’s not the case, they swarm before then.

1 Like

I’m in the process of setting up an out apiary like yourself but will need to sort this swarming issue out or I wont have any bees left lol.

1 Like

I did 2 preemptive artificial swarms as I was away working and would not have much time to do the required manipulations or able to watch for signs of swarming.

It worked in my favour. I may have to replace one queen as she seems to be failing :cry: but all my Nuc are now Queen right (I started the year with 2 hives - I now have 6

I currently have three from the one at the start of the year I will definitely run on two 8 frame brood boxes next year. Thanks for the info Valli and keep the videos coming great work.

1 Like