Early brood frame available?/Queen bee breeder recommendations? Sydney, Australia

Does anyone have a spare frame of very early brood, or any queen bee supplier recommendations? Based in Western Sydney.

1 Like

don’t despair, the forum is a bit quiet at this time of year with Xmas and new year. did you do a google for a ‘queen bee supplier in Sydney area’? there is at least one in the Richmond area who has Italian strain queens.
cheers

Hi Peter, all good- I’ve found a lovely gentlemen yesterday who has provided a nuc hive with new Italian queen :blush: Yay! I think my virgin queen must have died on the way back in the recent hailstorms or something.

1 Like

Excellent news Vicky, Insect eating birds are probably the major reason for bees not getting back to a hive but hailstorm will have the same result. Swallows, butcher birds and magpies are lovers of bees. I don’t mind them coming for a few minutes late each day if they are hungry.
Cheers

Oh, my poor queen- I have a family of magpies nesting in a large gumtree nearby, she didn’t stand a chance! Ahh well, it’s Mother Nature :blush: Have a lovely final day of 2018 tomorrow and wishing you an awesome new year Peter! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi
I’m looking to buy a nucleus in the Richmond area.
Can you tell me who you’d recommend?
Thanks.

Penrith used to have an active group on the Castlereagh Road when I was living down there, @Rmcpb is up on the foot hills between Penrith and Springwood and may be able to fix you up or know who may be able to help you out with selling you a nuc.

Hi here, I ended up getting a nuc hive from a gentleman at Plumpton who breeds queens, but when I popped by Hornsby Beekeeping they were selling nucs at the time as well as package bees. I think they start selling these again from October onwards? :slight_smile:

Hello Vicky, and @QueenBeeFrances, good to see you back here Vicky. Is Guilfoyles at St Mary’s not closer to you for bee gear? They are on the old munitions factory area.
There used to be a guy selling nucs and queens between Kurmond and Glossodia, I think on Slopes Road. I don’t recall his name but a ‘Google’ might find him if he is still there.
Cheers