Updated In December with specific product identification.
My husband had “mild anaphylaxis” from bee stings about 30 years ago. He was stung while inspecting his hives, fell to the ground dizzy and breathless for a while, but then walked into the house and recovered with no problem. He had a classic hypersensitivity reaction to the sting, and now he gets Type IV (Arthus) reactions to stings. He refused to get desensitized or give up beekeeping, but he has promised to get an Epi-pen this season, and I won’t let him manage the hives without my supervision! At least he has an MD with him at the hives
Having GPS co-ordinates at the apiary is handy for the air ambulance too.
Our apiary is less than 2 miles from the hospital. It is part of the H&S and is mentioned the start of each session about if you get a sting.