Flow frames not sitting correctly

Hi all, I’ve just built my flow hive classic and noticed that one of the flow frames in the super doesn’t quite sit flush at the back of the box. I’ve adjusted all the screws at the front of each frame in order to get a flush fit at the back. It seems as if I need to sand one of the wooden shims that run top to bottom of the super at the back down by 1/2 then I think the last frame wilstrong textl fit. Any suggestions would be much appreciated cheers :+1:image|375x500

1 Like

Welcome to the Flow forum! I think you should send your photos to info@honeyflow.com for their comments, as we are all just beekeepers here. Hopefully @Freebee2 will also see your post and point you in any other relevant Flow support directions.

Nice photos and thank you for posting them. The photos will help you to get the right answer.

2 Likes

Thanks Dawn,

Kind Regards…
Jason Milmoe

Thanks @Dawn_SD :slight_smile:
@Jase thanks for the photos. Could I please trouble you to email the photos along with your concerns to info@honeyflow.com and we will get it sorted out for you. I’m pleased to see you’ve joined the forum which is a great space for beekeeping advice - you’ll meet some terrifically helpful folk here, including Dawn who I see you have already met :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Jase the strip on each side fills the gap between the frame and the edge of box. Is the strip on the other side the same thickness?
That strip looks too thick to me and it is quite a tight fit normally.
Flow will resolve pretty quickly I am sure.
Some of us are engineers trying to be beekeepers😁
Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the excellent photos that show exactly what your saying. The last frame to go into the super should be a tight fit but still sit side by side with the other frames. My thought is that being a classic super some have had issues with them. I agree with @Dawn_SD and I would get in contact with Flow Hive about the problem.
You could sand the wooden strip up the inside of the box so that it all fits together, but you shouldn’t have to do that.
Cheers

1 Like

My thoughts exactly but I’m prepared to sand em back. Seems like the simplest fix

Kind Regards…
Jason Milmoe

2 Likes

Yes same on both sides. Deciding weather to sand one down to 1/2 it’s thickness or both to 1/4 to keep the frames centred. Mind you at a 1/4 I’ll be sanding to the preverbal ‘bees dick’ lol but I’m kinda pedantic

Kind Regards…
Jason Milmoe

1 Like

I’m a bit like you Jason, It is definately a doable job and I would be sanding the one side, not sure you would need to split the proverbial hair. :grin: :grin:
But I would make Flow aware of the issue as well and maybe they will further into their quality control.
Cheers

2 Likes

Already passed it on to them

Kind Regards…
Jason Milmoe

2 Likes