Flow Hive Arrival and Disappointment -- Quality Issues

I purchased two complete flow hoop-pine hives a few months ago. I had absolutely zero issues with the wooden-ware and assembled both hives in around 1 hour with no difficulty and without needing to make a single adjustment. I didn’t need clamps either as the joints were so nicely cut and tight. I would happily recommend the flow hive to anyone. I am sorry you had issues- but I just think it should be noted that what happened to you is more of an exception than a rule- I think it’s possible the issues you had related to the very high volume of hives that flow had to produce and ship in the first few months.

1 Like

I’m glad you had a better experience and I do hope that mine is the exception and not the rule. However, it doesn’t change my experience with the product and therefore when people ask my opinion I let them know that while a lot of people did seem to have good luck with it, I did not and certainly would therefore not recommend it.

I also don’t think that high sales are an excuse for poor quality. I understand that the volumes were initially much higher than they were expecting, but when a company is met with overwhelming support and success by the market, that shouldn’t somehow equate to or excuse a poor-quality product. But, again, I am always happy to hear that others had much better luck with the Flow product than I did, and I wish that were the case across the board.

3 Likes

Hi Faroe, is there a reason you just changed this thread to “unlisted”? I think it’s a little strange to remove it from public view on the forums…