Last week I made a split of my wanting to swarm hive by taking 5 frames out of my hive adding 3 frames of food drawn comb and a new frame with 2 queen cells to a friends house hoping the queens emerged and took the mating flight.
Today I inspected my bees and the hive made 6 queen cells. So my mentor came over and we took my queen with some brood to a new location temporarily for 3 days and will split all the other queens up the day after tomorrow into other hives/nukes.
We looked at my last transported hive and the queens were not emerged but 6 more queen cells were on 6 of the frames so we took that hive to a different yard and split up the hive again.
Now at this point I’m confused as to what’s going on but I’ll find out more the day after tomorrow.
Holy queen cell Batman!