How To Manage Crystallized Honey?

I’m ok with using a microwave oven to decrystallize honey. The main thing with microwaves is not to overdo it. Do it in short bursts. I use a microwave to warm cappings, just enough to melt the wax & bring it to the surface. It doesn’t destroy the honey. I know that because, by my own reasoning, if the honey still crystallizes, which it does, it still retains all the vitamins & enzymes.

Oh, I just realized that the opening topic comment got flagged & is now hidden from view. Does this mean that the topic itself will get removed. Anyway @buzzingbee , never mind if it does because there are other topics on crystallized honey you can comment on if you so desire.

cheers

The honey here crystallises quickly probably exasperated by the lack of filtering.
I have built a small warming cabinet using a 60W globe, computer fan and a cheap eBay thermostat. Keeping the cabinet at 45-50⁰C is no problem however I still need to stir the containers daily to decrystillise and even then…
What a pain.
And I’m sure @ABB was either having a bad day or confused buzz for someone else as he generally has great input and is an assett to this forum. Normally.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @skeggley . Thank you for your support :slight_smile:

I have my bad days but for the benefit of those who missed the action, I will explain :slight_smile:

A new user (A) comes to a forum and post some article. Article contains a link to a website selling goods not associated with the subject of the article. Few hours latter another new user (B) joins forum with post telling how great and helpful this information was. Forum automation reacts to something and hides user B’s post.

Old forum member joins the discussion and user A responds. User B responds to A with carbon copy of his first response “how great and helpful this information was”.

What happened? User A is a spammer, who also created user B and and probably few more. User A was using a script that creates automatic responses to his posts to make whole thing looking a bit more legitimate. Those scrips could be quite sophisticated. I used to know a guy who created a bot to handle hundreds of his subscribers on social media by generating responses to their posts. Some people managed to have lengthy discussions with his bot :slight_smile:

If it is not enough, quick search showed that same article was published in some other spam boxes, like social media sites in groups dedicated to spam exchange programmes. The sample of this spammer “article” I posted here is an example of the “original content”. If you read it, you will notice an awkwardness in it which is hard to achieve for mere non-English background author. It happens because generic language translating software often has a problem with handling industry-specific language. But an “original content” helps for search engines rating. So spammer takes some non-English texts, use machine translation to generate an English text, and, voilà, “original content” is ready in few clicks.
Why do I care? First, I used to be a moderator at a big forum and know how time consuming spammers are, and I don’t mind to give a hand to forum’s moderators I use by flagging spam posts. Second, the site that was promoted here looked somewhat dubious too. No mentioning of the business running the site. Address in suburban Virginia, but site owner registered in Reykjavik, etc.
So trust me, when I say this is spam, it is not only because I woke up in bad mood :laughing:

1 Like

Oh, for goodness sake…

@Freebee2 , could we please stop this circus and remove the user promoting something that looks very much like a fraudulent site?