Wanted to share my experience today with everyone.
I just performed a cutout here in Bankstown/Sydney today, it was in the ceiling cavity. As soon as I removed the drywall I knew something was wrong. There weren’t anywhere near as many bees as there should be for that amount of comb.
When I finally removed all the honeycomb and got to the broodcomb, I done a Ropiness test and man did that rope stretch! It was advanced AFB. Now I have a massive mission on my hands to irradiate everything from vacuum box and all hoses, suit, gloves, shoes, tool, and honey bucket (after extraction). I also have to bleach my ladder. What a mess!
So just a heads up to anyone not experienced enough, please always do a brood disease inspection and test especially when you see low numbers of bees like this, could be the hive dying out from disease. So check your brood as you’re performing the cutout before it’s too late so you can double bag and bee proof everything before taking your gear back to your apiary