Late night bearding

I know I’ve talked about this ad nauseum, sorry. But looking tonight I noticed that they are out in significant numbers.

• Entrance reducer removed
  • Time is 9:40 PM
  • Temperature is 26C or 79F
  • the hive was under shade cloth today and no bearding during the hot hours

Normal?

1 Like

It is normal Robert. Look at this way, The hive is strong and at night all the worker bees have taken a break from foraging and are at home with all the rest of the girls.
it is a warm night and with all the extra body heat in the hive it is getting too hot for the comfort of the queen and brood. It is about now a break in the cooler fresh air is sounding pretty good and i have heard through the grape vine there is a slight breeze blowing as well. I’ll just go out and hang out there in the beard…:wink::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Perfect, thanks!! You’ve put my.mind at ease yet again.

1 Like

We actually have a whole section on bearding in case you would like to have a look at some other beekeepers beards :slight_smile:

https://forum.honeyflow.com/c/beekeeping-basics/bearding

1 Like

Doh. I realise there’s a few posts I should have put in other areas

And thanks… Mine was nothing compared to that!

1 Like

Faroe Quote “in case you would like to have a look at some other beekeepers beards”.

Mine’s not much to look at, however I’d like to see @Dawn_SD’s.

5 Likes

Yep, I left that sentence like that on purpose :wink: Could start a new topic on it :stuck_out_tongue:

This was many years ago, but a good beard none the less. :bearded_person:

4 Likes

Wilma said “she grows a beard well :slight_smile: better than yours Jeff”.

3 Likes

We have an old European joke…

Why do Italian men grow such impressive moustaches? So that they look like their mothers! :smile: :blush: :rofl: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes