I’m 10 days in with a 10-frame hoop pine Flow Hive that I’ve colour-coordinated with our house using left-over paint. I’ve installed the hive on the skillion roof of our house as our backyard is microscopic and we have young kids. In hindsight I probably could’ve gotten away with the back yard as the bees seem very relaxed in my interactions with them so far.
I installed the nucleus last Thursday and everything seems to be going well so far, other than a few SHB.
Here are some pics (I have removed the flow super as the bees still have some work to do on the brood frames).
I’m really enjoying things so far and looking forward to learning more.