Newy NSW newbie, quick question please?

Awesome :slight_smile: Keep us updated :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

@smithome I agree with what @TopangaBees said except for the fact there is a very good chance you’ll be putting your super on this season and getting a late season harvest (possibly mid season too if you’re lucky)…because of your location.

Here in Oz we are quite lucky in the fact we can usually harvest in our first year and the fact that for the most part we don’t have really cold winters. In my first year I got about 42L of honey plus about 6-8kg of honeycomb.

2 Likes

Thanks @SnowflakeHoney
My friend who I’m getting the bees from is pretty sure that I should harvest honey this season, so I’m sooo excited :+1::honeybee::smiley::two_hearts:

1 Like

Ok, guys!! Here we are :clap:t2::honeybee:``

Summary

This text will be hidden

2 Likes

Way to cheap Jeff i am going to be selling this for $10.00

5 Likes

Hi Baldy, great labels & packaging mate. I’m too cheap with everything, but I’m not complaining. We get 3 meals a day plus a roof over our head. We live mostly out of our back yard, what more could we want? We don’t ask the government for any assistance.

7 Likes

Just have to do the nutition labels and country of origin for the back. It also helps that i have a signwriting business which helps with the packaging. It might be to pricey and not sell will have to wait and see. Its definatley not a money making venture i reckon ive spent close to 3k and got back 5kg in 12 months

1 Like

Hi Shane, just double check the apostrophes in the label…

3 Likes

Hi Baldy, I remember seeing those nutrition labels for sale at Quality Beekeeping Supplies once. Only a few cents each, but they may not have included the country of origin.

Dan is right, sorry @baldy - just switch the apostrophe from Bees to Baldy’s, then you’ll have your plural and possessive all straightened out. Very cool label, I’d buy it for sure! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think i need to go back to school @Eva and @JeffH the goverment has a website with a food calculator that gives you the figures and then export as a pdf with all the values on it. http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/industry/npc/Pages/Nutrition-Panel-Calculator-introduction.aspx

2 Likes

fixed thanks @Dan2 and @eva

5 Likes

Really nice, looking sharp :sunglasses::+1:

I agree. I paid $10 / kg recently and am happy to do so for the quality. My son (14) consumes a Kg in about 3 weeks on his own ! He is a whiner but only about the supermarket honey :smile:.

2 Likes

nice labels. should make me a few hundred

1 Like