NorthWest Wyoming Beekeeping

Howdy! from Jackson Hole, in NorthWest Wyoming, just south of Grand Teton & Yellowstone National Parks.
I have been intrigued by beekeeping since, during the California years, our children’s 70+yo preschool teacher kept a small number of hives on her one acre property…and traded my bread for her honey. I always felt I got the better end of the deal, and now wish sweet Mrs. Nosworthy could see her influence blossom in our Short-Season Garden, Happy! Hen House, Turkey Corral and soon-to-be SnakeRiver Bee Hive.
Not knowing A THING about beekeeping but interested in supporting bees on our planet as well as enjoy delicious and nutritious Hoback, Wyoming honey, we decided to take the plunge. We trust this group of astute beekeepers to guide us to the resources, links, support, etc. to be able to successfully care for our Flow Hive and its inhabitants due to arrive in 2016.
i know it’s done all over the world, but especially interested in caring for bees during cold, hard winters where temps may dip to -20-30 for a couple of weeks at a time then hover around 0 for long periods.
Thank you in advance for your support…and, anyone else out there from NW Wyoming?

Do you guys know anyone in Eastern Wyoming or Western Nebraska that I can get in contact with? The Nebraska Beekeeping group on FB and their website hasn’t respond to any of my messages to them :frowning:

Odd that I missed your reply till just now :frowning:

Oh Cheyenne is pretty close and looks to be where I need to go pick-up my package of new bees (going to order - in a few days I’ll pre-order) from Murdocks.

Wow I forgot I had this thread. I had another user from the forums msg me with a link to Prairie Wind and I just ordered (need to mail the check) a Carni NUC :slight_smile: Really quick to e-mail with and they had NUCs!

Thanks for posting here!

Also I just clicked Join for the Facebook group, so now I’m just Pending to be added.