I did a quick check today…and I was happy with what I found. My new queen, although still undiscovered, is laying well it seems. Keeping in mind I have 9 frames in an 8 frame box, I’ve now got 4 frames of honey and 5 frames of partially capped brood, larvae in various stages of development, and eggs. Big improvement from a week ago when there was no capped brood. My hive seems to be on the way to recovering…now I just need the trees to start flowering to give it a boost.
With regards to the flowering, I’ve been in luck as the red flowering gum, lemon myrtles, and passionfruit vines at my house have all been flowering even though nothing in the nearby bush has. Over the last week I’ve noticed a steady stream of traffic from the red flowering gum to the hive so I did have hope going in for a quick look today.
I didn’t put the super back on but based on the inspection today I’d guess that at some point this month I’ll be putting the hybrid super back on. Not sure I’ll manage to also get the full flow super on season but we’ll see
(One good thing that has come out of this is that I’m now good at spotting eggs, something I struggled with previously)
@BecW hopefully patience works for you too.