Screen Bottom Board mesh size?

I’m in Fiji right now and won’t be home for two months. I would have the details at home. I bought quite a few metres of 1200mm wide mesh so I could experiment with different bottom board designs. (Edit: I just did a quick internet search and I think the place where I bought it might be,) http://www.wiremesh.com.au/woven.asp

Thanks for that, but am wanting the mesh yesterday.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Fiji.
Still too cold in Australia.
WA anyways

1 Like

I know this is a dated reply but here in Australia I have used Bunnings Gutter Guard with success. There are several on the market and will require cutting to size with some wastage but for the price a good bargain. Mesh sizes can vary so check this out first and WEAR GLOVES.

Hey mate, would you be able to link the one you’ve used? Looked through bunnings but can’t find any wire mesh with 3mm apature
Cheers

The slightly larger mesh size being 3.5mm helps beetles to fall back through the mesh when they are expelled. Implementing beetles traps on the corflute slider will help to combat them and lessen the risk of them invading. The best defence is always going to be a strong colony and ensuring they have a hive spaced to their own population size.

Bending tin foil/aluminium foil into a tray you can maximise the catchment on top of the corflute slider using oil.