So my bees have filled the first brood box with freshly drawn comb. And they have started to draw out comb on the frames of the second brood box but my club says I should throw on a super since a honey flow is ongoing. However, the bees haven’t filled all the frames in the second brood box. Should I still add a super to my two brood boxes or hold off until they fill it more? I live in Vancouver, WA so I have two brood boxes for temperate climate.
You are doing the right thing. In much of the US, the nectar flow is over by early July. Let them fill your second brood box first to 80% full, then add a super if you expect a Fall flow. Meanwhile, I support your decision on no super yet