Honeyflow.com | FAQ's |

SouthEastScarp YouTube Channel

I have been adding a few videos of my bees to a YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCniswNWaCiaN-3YXI4ljKIA

I will be adding regular clips of the progress of the bees inside my long hive and there are some older live streams of my vertical Flow Hive.

This truly is a set of secret lives of bees videos

Subscribe and you will be informed of updates as they occur.

3 Likes

I am currently live streaming my horizontal long hive.
Be quick and watch the girls filling a hole in the frame.

2 Likes

Hi Terrence, well done. That’s very interesting to see what goes on inside an undisturbed hive. Is it hot over there? there’s some bees washboarding inside the hive. I don’t have the patience to watch the hole getting filled in.

I found with my observation hive, it’s hard to see the progress of comb taking shape, however you can see brood getting sealed over before your eyes.

PS that’s incredible. I don’t know how the live streaming works, however at the 13 minute mark, all of a sudden a bee ladder formed, I presume that’s necessary to get more building material at that particular site.

0 Likes

As the colony has grown and the flow started the hole has been decreasing in size over the last few days.

Basically I am running an IP Camera and OBS software on a spare computer to do the streaming.
I was having all sorts of difficulties getting the camera to work with the software and put it away for a week and suddenly it started to work. The image quality still deteriorates every now and then.

The camera is a PTZ which allows me to pan, tilt and zoom into sections of the frame. I have another camera on the other side and can switch in an instant.

2 Likes