Last week we covered some of the essentials of Spring hive managment, including:
- Hive inspection
- Splitting to help prevent swarming (and reduce the risk of spreading varroa)
- Smoking to move bees out of the way
- Rubber banded frames
- How easy is beekeeping with a FH for a novice?
- Is the hive queenright? Looking for the queen or signs she is laying
- How to cut out comb (aim to reduce the chances of swarming)
- Ants getting into the hive
Joining Cedar was Airiel from Customer Support.
This one is aimed mainly at newer beekeepers but we welcome questions or comments at all levels of experience - we often learn from all of you out there too!