Team building excercise

Looks like the girls were doing some team building this morning with some trust-exercises.

He ain’t heavy - he’s my brother (or she ain’t heavy - she’s my sister)
Hanging on by a thread
Hang in there
On a wing and a prayer

I wonder how much weight a bee can support. All this just on the single leg of one bee.

And in this episode … the “anchor” is dragging the whole lot of them.

1 Like

It IS amazing how much weight a single be can support. They support quite a few bees for many hours just so they can produce wax. Check out how bees produce wax in the video “City Of Bees” on youtube.

At 24:04 was that a clip from #Charlottesville ?

Also, I didn’t expect the ending. Wow, all that about bees to try to convert me?

1 Like

Ignore the preaching. Just watch the first 20 minutes over & over again. Then watch it again. Every time you watch it, you’ll pick up something you missed the previous time. The bulk of my beekeeping strategy is based on the information contained in the first 20 minutes of that video.

I’m not religious these days:) However, by promoting this video time & time again, I hope I’m not doing as in Mathew 7,6 in the bible.

Amen!!! brother/sister.

1 Like

I love the ‘sting in the tail’ at the end of City of the Bees. They suck you in with all that good’ol natural history and then BOOM it’s the Ten Commandments baby! Though I wasn’t converted- to some degree- I thought it was one of the better arguments I’ve seen promoting the Biblical outlook… I mean… I agree… there has to be some rules, right? Just not so sure " Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy" is all that relevant to today’s society with it’s weekend trading and so on…

Back to Bees: it really is astounding that just one leg can hold that much weight! bees are truly incredible- all the things they can do.

Any relation to the Lipinskis of Bloomfield NJ?

… maybe … my last name used to "end in an ‘I’ " … but then all sorts of things happened in the world.

Hum a few bars and I will see if I know them.

PS. To be clear, if this is about a conflicting claim against the Lipinski Stradivarius violin then we are absolutely NOT related. :violin: :yum:

Just for complete reference about bees in the bible …

Judges 14:8
When he returned later to take her, he turned aside to look at the carcass of the lion; and behold, a swarm of bees and honey were in the body of the lion.

Deuteronomy 1:44
"The Amorites who lived in that hill country came out against you and chased you as bees do, and crushed you from Seir to Hormah.

Psalm 118:12
They surrounded me like bees; They were extinguished as a fire of thorns; In the name of the LORD I will surely cut them off.

Isaiah 7:18
In that day the LORD will whistle for the fly that is in the remotest part of the rivers of Egypt and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.

(Too many about honey to post here.)

Psalm 16:24 Kind words are like a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones

1 Like

I don’t get it, sorry.

If you read through from the beginning of the post, you’ll get it. It’s yet another example of how intertwined beekeeping has been with our development as humans.