Чому гинуть бджоли

Ми з України! Массово гинуть бджоли в березні. Чи може це бути від вибухів бомб? Ми далеко від вибухів але все ж таки ?

Welcome Serhiy!

Sorry to hear your bees all died. Sorrier still that there are bomb blasts, near you or anywhere.

Did all the bees in one hive die, or all 5 of your colonies? How long have you had these colonies?

At this time of year in climates like yours, bees can die of starvation, getting too cold because of condensation inside the hive, or disease/weakness from varroa destructor (mite) infestation.

But, if all 5 died - all at once - I too would wonder if something more catastrophic happened.

I’m not the most experienced beekeeper around here so I am calling in some Flow experts @Bianca @Freebee2

1 Like

Hi Serhiy,

I’m so saddened to read this, and I hope you’re able to remain safe or find safer refuge somewhere.

@Eva has provided a pretty well-rounded reply and all that I’d like to add is the consideration of chemicals in the air that could be killing your bees. They could be picking them up on the flowers they’re foraging on or be dropping directly on the hive, from the bombs.

This is well and truly new territory and all just guesses from me.

1 Like

I’d love to know more about your colonies and how you found them dead. For example, had the bees absconded (completely left), or are they dead out the front of the hive, were there any signs of pest or disease. Do you have any photos you can provide that could better assist us with helping you?

На даний момент зробити фото чи шось перевірити не має можливості на дорогах стріляють по машинах навіть з написами діти.Постійна протиповітряна тривога. що стосується як я побачив бджіл то вони були на дні вулика ,та зверху на рамках, їжи лишилось багато ще, але так само не тільки в мене в багатьох районах так само.Харківська ,херсонська ,миколаївська ,київська,луганська,донецька райони. В де кого вже навіть немає пасік як таких ,згоріли або розбомблені.до більшості немає можливості дістатись.В харківському районі були застосовані вакуумні та фосфорні бомби. Але в данний момент вже неможливо дослідити від чого загинули.

Просто немає вже що перевіряти…

Hi Serhiy,

I am so incredibly sorry. I have to admit, I’m in a slight state of shock. This is as close as I’ve come for any personal engagement with what is happening in Ukraine. All I can say is that my heart feels for you and your country, and the bees, and all other animals, and that I hope you can remain safe.

My best guess for the cause of death is the chemicals from the bombs which contaminated the water and flowers the bees foraged from.

If you may be in a position to help save other colonies, perhaps your best option is to relocate the hives if you can, somewhere further than 7km away from any bombs and the like (bees forage up to an est. 7km radius). I realise this may very difficult or not an option for you but perhaps you could also warn other beekeepers and offer them this advice.

Ми переїхали в більш безпечне місце, як і багато людей,більше 3 мільйонів жінок та дітей виїхали в европу. Більшість регіонів знищено.Росія вбиває просто мирних мешканців жінок та дітей,навмисно бомблять лікарні,та всі укриття де ховаються діти та жінки.Тож більщість вже немає навіть житла, ми бджолярі переїхали адже садиби знищені,хтось пішов захищати країну, а хтось залишився ,на разі все треба починати заново на новому місті, ми на разі чекаєм на якусь допомогу,для закупу вуликів,обладнання,будемо все відновлювати адже Україна займає 3 місце за виробництвом меду.А також намагаємось направляти наш мед шо лишився захисникам України. Слава героям України!Дякуємо всім за підтримку.Австралії,Польщі,Сша,Канада ми дякуємо всім за підтримку.