Thanks to everyone who contributes advice on this page.
I posted a while back about a cold snap and some chalkbrood. That cleared up to almost zero now that we have had some warm, sunny weather. I started with a nuc back May 30th. I am in Northeast Ohio, USA. We get cold winters here. Two weeks ago, I added a second brood box. Today, I did an inspection and I am sure, made mistakes. I try to be smooth and calm. I still have not found the queen, but I have not been fretting over that. Inspections with the second brood box are trickier. I think I need to build a stand to set the top box. My top brood box (8 frames) is built out fully on 5 frames, but ALL honey. Some capped. When I set that box aside, I had lots of bees on top of the lower box. I smoked them a bit and started inspecting. I found all frames fully built out and found a lot of brood, but the pattern of capped brood seemed more spotty than last inspections. I have a few pictures I am going to attach. When I got to about my 5th frame, I noticed the entire front of the box and landing board was carpeted in bees. They weren’t there before the inspection, and I think I smoked them out there. I stopped inspecting and just reversed myself, and put everything back together. It has been about half an hour and most of the bees are back in the hive, but there is still a thick beard directly under the landing board. I was a bit nervous seeing that many bees outside the hive, but they were surprisingly calm. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has some comments on how to do a better job inspecting a double brood box set up. It seems like I smoked them down into the lower box and crowded them out.