Video: Added Wax to My Flow Super!

Thanks that makes sense:slight_smile::relaxed:

You might have a point, but I am not sure that the research has been done down to that level. I have looked into this quite a bit, and as you might expect, it is complicated. There are well-known “foot-print” or “trail” pheromones which tell bees to come and walk here. But like perfumes, it seems that they are a complicated blend of up to tens of different compounds, which is probably why bees smell different to each other. It is not the exact compound, it is the relative concentration of all of the compounds.

So ideally I would say, if your bees are rejecting the plastic yes, use wax from the same hive. But in the absence of that, any wax is better than none, and I would prefer to use unheated and frozen-stored wax, until I find that it makes no difference! :smile:

1 Like

How many frames did you empty to get that amount?

Two. They were not yet completely filled and capped, but the guys (and I) were very keen on watching the harvest. And everyone keeps telling my honey was going to crystallize in the frames if I don’t hurry up

Learning more and more with every conversation. OK now I need to research honey crystallization. Bee keepers you are really knowledgeable regarding soo much. I am enjoying learning speaking as an old nurse, teacher and farmer I have a lot to learn.

3 Likes