How long is Queue?

Marty, would you please post the dimensions of your Flow Hive boxes? Everything I’m reading states that your boxes should fit a Langstroth 8 frame hive. Perhaps they sent you tiny frames?
~M

@Moz_Empire there will be a bit of give in the box. Nine fit but would be too tight once the bees draw out the combs. I have tried both 6 Flow and 8 Normal Langs in the box TBH the Flows are a little tight but fit with a jiggle

Did you see Marty’s vid? It looks like more than “a bit” of give. 8 frames left far too much “give” to look correct.
That is why I am asking him for the box dimension measurements.

That should remove any doubts or questions regarding sizes and give.
~M

Sorry I must admit I skimmed the video as I have already made my boxes

Just got back from dinner, I will messure and video it in the morning and post

9 frames fit with eaz and a bit of room to spair

Enjoy dinner, not to worry, no hurry

As a reference for your vid, from Michael Bush, on the Bee Source Forums,

“There are two “standard” widths of eight frame hives. One would be 12 1/4” inside. The other would be 12 1/2" inside.
All Langstroth hives are supposed to be 18 3/8" inside for length. The frame rabbets should be 3/8" wide and 5/8" deep."
“The span across the rabbets is 19 1/8” and the top bars on frames are 19". This gives you 1/8" (± 1/16") for the frame to fit in without it falling off of the frame rest rabbet."

The depth should be 9 5/8" deep inside diameter.

And Mr. Bush solves the dilemma here:

~M

I ordered mine on March 7th, Still waiting on my order was suppose to be December 2015.

I’m so sorry to hear that, Bass! It must be hard to stay excited when you are so frustrated.

I hope someone in Customer Service is getting things resolved for you.
That is always a risk when you are on the front edge of something so massive. You may somehow drop into some unforseen crack.

Stay positive. You know they can’t let you dangle forever.

We ordered the last few days of the fundraiser, and were expecting December as well. Knowing how swamped and overwhelming the response has been, along with holiday insanity, and general world and weather issues, we are just hanging tight, knowing it should all sort out within a couple weeks, fingers crossed.
So, you are far from alone!
~M

Either way I can’t use them till spring. I waited 9 months, whats another month.

1 Like

That’s the spirit! You have time to consider how you are going to finish the wood (we’re going to use Tung Oil, but I’m considering melting some beeswax into it before painting…),and where you are going to place the hive.
~M

Got an email 10 days ago saying your order is being packed and will be shipped shortly and a tracking email would be sent and may not get them until the first week of January.
Don’t think that’s going to happen now ,even is it was sent today.

Well I will have to sit back crack a beer and wait as they will get here when they get here.

Happy New year everyone.

1 Like

What do you think of the match between the flow hive deeps and the BeeThinking deep box? Good match??

Dawn

Ok, here is the video of the dim. the width look as you stated above but the length looks to be a bit longer on the flow hive body. I got just less than 19.24"

the depth which I did not measure in the video is 9.5"

1 Like

Communication was sent out about a week or two ago that December Flow frame delivery would be delayed into January due to some complications with faulty manufacturing equipment that needed to be repaired and put back online. You should see them shortly though. January is near at hand.

Yes, I got an follow up email a few days ago saying the same thing

I got that email 4 days before I got the email saying my order was being packed and will be shipped shortly.
Nothing since so I assume everything is back up and working.

I got the same email. I did receive the hive body itself. Now I wait on flow frames. I wonder how long it will be. It’s been over a week now.

I would give them at least a month, but if you are establishing a new colony, you shouldn’t need them for many months.

Dawn

1 Like

From what we have heard their production is back up and running full speed so it shouldn’t be long but as Dawn said give them through January to get caught back up.

I’m still waiting on my order. It was suppose to come in December, I contacted the flowhive team, waiting for a response soon.
Anyone else still waiting on orders that were estimated for December delivery?