Anybody use out Apiaries

where’s the rolling about laughing smiley?

1 Like

I’m never a fan of bees traveling in a car with anyone. However if it has to be, I always recommend that everything is properly & securely taped down with either masking tape, duct tape or whatever it takes to secure the bees.

1 Like

I always travel with two straps over a travel screen topped box with the entrance taped and a bottle of water spray. You never know what traffic hold ups you might encounter and a big colony in hot weather will fry.
Similarly, you never know what shunt you may get so I have my suit on…with the hood down, of course.

1 Like

Hi Dee, I agree. You can never be too careful. All you need is some idiot to cause an accident where your trapped in your car for a period of time. Hundreds or even thousands of possibly angry bees in the car with you could be a recipe for disaster. Not to mention how hard it would be for people trying to assist you.

Another of my splits is Queen Rite!! Yippee. Introducing Opal

Wonderful piccy of bee making wax on wax mirrors

3 Likes

Outstanding! This has been a great read and the photos, and videos are lovely.

1 Like

I forgot my camera the last ones are on my phone :blush:

And in the 9 days they have been there already starting on frames of honey. Good bout of weather and I can harvest end of August :wink:

Valli, these pictures are really wonderful, I had never seen how the wax was formed, thank you. What extordary insects they are!!!

1 Like

I agree, that’s a beautiful shot of those wax flakes… NatGeo.

I would say your phone takes better pictures than the camera. Lovely :smile:
I love taking pictures of whole frames…it’s absolutely amazing what you find when you zoom in.
I never seem to find the time.
Can I borrow the penultimate picture for a talk?
I’ll credit you on it if you like

Season is winding down, brood inspections are all but done, just honey to harvest…Christmas next :santa:

Sure just credit me for the photos

http://vallicawte.wixsite.com/queenbee/blog