Bee Photographs

If it was me, I would be thinking, “look at how much food I have brought home for our babies, but now I have to lug it up several flights of crowded stairs, and pack it all away myself!”

3 Likes

I’d be thinking, “there has got to be more in life than this, hell… I don’t even get to hanky panky… those drones are useless.” just saying.

5 Likes

Found this in yard today, what is it?

Looks like a drone honey bee, down on his luck. He has probably been attacked - hairless (that is why he looks black) and missing parts of his legs. Poor guy.

Its large, just over 2cm.

Oh yes, I missed that. Bit big for a honey bee, but the eyes are what made me think a drone. Maybe somebody else has a better idea. Still looks like he has been attacked by other insects. :cry:

Some type of bumble, thin & ragged from rough living?

The extra long thorax as well as the long & curled under antennae steers me away from a bee drone.

Ok, take two. This time I’m sure :grin:
Unfortunately I only had my phone but now I know where they’re hanging out I’ll start stalking with my camera.

4 Likes

Nice one. They’re out here too but as they don’t land on the flowers they are difficult to capture.
Great for the tomatos. :+1:

1 Like

9 Likes

6 Likes

So Brad, a couple of years ago did you think you’d be running around the garden taking photos of insects???

5 Likes

:grin: even one year ago I probably wouldn’t even have noticed. I just downloaded an app that tells me what sort of plants I’ve got :roll_eyes:.
Beekeeping certainly changes your perspective of things.

6 Likes

It’s remarkable. Since setting up the hive, your awareness of insects in general skyrockets. Consistently find these native guys and many others in the courtyard.

7 Likes

Does anyone know what these are?! Sorry, only using phone camera and zooming in quite a bit.

Resin bee?

8 Likes

How did you manage to capture that photo?!?!?! It’s fantastic.

2 Likes

Thank you. The bee cooperated completely is how😁
It spent a couple of minutes checking out that hole, going in and out and hovering at the entrance. Unfortunately I only had the iPhone but it’s taken a pretty good picture.

2 Likes

That is a photo contest winning shot Brad, really good.
Cheers

2 Likes