Bees not interested in my flow frames!

Hi everyone,

I’ve had my flow hive up and running for around 2 months now and the bees have shown no interest in using the flow frames! I have a thriving colony and good nectar flow, but they are still not taking to the flow frames at all.

I have tried all sorts of things to encourage them to explore the flow frames- rubbing wax over the frames, spraying sugar syrup over the outside of the frames and even adding a feeder above the frames to encourage them up through the flow frames. All of this has been to no avail.

The final straw was finding honey had been laid down on 3 of the brood frames during an inspection last week- so they are keen to start making honey, but not in the place I want them to!

So in short not going to plan- and all a bit disappointing: don’t think I’ll be harvesting any honey this year. :frowning:

Is this normal? Has anyone else had a similar experience? What can I do?
Be great to hear people’s thoughts, as the whole flow hive excitement is wearing off with such poor results.

Seb

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to encourage bees to fill the Flow Frames

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to encourage bees to fill the Flow Frames