Bees pouring out of my rear window spoiling my chances to observe them. Have I assembled the Flow Hive wrongšŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Reading further and more thinking Iā€™m wondering if the ledge distance to the bottom of the box is the issue and the frames are sitting too high in the box? So there is a vertical gap from the base of the frame not being low enough to close the gap.
Iā€™m aware that there has been problems with the dove tailed joints not fitting together because of faulty manufacturing and poor quality control, even with there laser cutting that issue still happens.
It must be very disheartening to have this problem I can imagine. I was fortunate with my four Flow Hives that they assembled together with no issues. For Flow the problem is not in the concept or design but a failure in quality control in the manufacturing.
Cheers

Thank you Peter, yes I feel this is now an issue that I cannot rectify myself and is entirely not my fault as Iā€™ve tried to manoeuvre the frames as best I can without a successful outcome. I have listened to excellent comments on the forum and reacted to them without any success and still the bee gap is there and I am sure this will hinder the honey harvest somewhat.
The whole idea is the actual Flow concept and itā€™s soooo frustrating that ā€˜my hiveā€˜ seems to be unable to deliver the ease of honey production that make the Flow Hiveā€™s USP so popular. There is a fault , I have no doubt now and it does seem to rest with the Flow teamā€™s quality control. I just hope there are Flow guarantees and they are willing to rectify the problem suitably. FLOW TEAM I NEED HELP PLEASE !!!:thinking::thinking::scream::scream::cry::cry:

They will help you do not stress, but you have to email them direct because I donā€™t think they monitor the forum.

Hopefully Honeyeater; thanks for your support,
Ray

I would take the problem up with Flow Hive themselves by email with photos, and include any order number you have. While there is certainly quality control issues the back up after sales service is excellent. A bugger that you have the problem but Flow should make it right.
Cheers

Cheers Peter,
I just have done. Iā€™ll keep you posted of the outcome :thinking::+1:
Ray

1 Like

I agree with @Peter48, sending photos to info@honeyflow.com would be the best way to get help. I would also suggest that you take a photo of the side of the box where the metal strip is attached. The reason is that if it isnā€™t sitting in the rebate that they cut out for it, that may be causing the problem. You should be able to see this from the side.

I am sure that @Freebee2 will make sure that your photos get attention when they arrive. :wink:

3 Likes

I think itā€™s about time Flow gave you a spotters fee Dawn. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hi Dawn, thank you so much for you suggestion. Iā€™ve just been to the hive to double check the metal strip placement and itā€™s sitting perfectly in the appropriate rebate. So yet another possible prob ticked off. I took a photo,like you suggested, to corroborate my ā€˜issuesā€™ with my Flow Hive 2.
Many Thanks,
Ray

3 Likes

Thanks Dawn! Youā€™re amazing and appreciated :slight_smile:
Ray thanks for emailing, Iā€™m sure weā€™ll be able to assist you.

2 Likes