Brood frame wire

You are probably right. Mine looks like someone threw the tool box at my head and missed.

2 Likes

to get the wire taught- use a clamp to bend the two end inwards a little like in the video above. Wire up tightly and then release the clamp. Or better still make a proper jig with a built in clamp like this:

these are actually very easy to make- you can use cotton thread spools- and a door locking clamp. Just place a frame on your piece of wood and use that to measure everything. I made one and it took about an hour. Best hour I ever investedā€¦ Makes wiring a breeze.

1 Like

Hi Jasper,

You can see the Flow video on how to install wire, foundation or foundationless brood frames here (from our Beginner Beekeeping video series) :
https://www.honeyflow.com/resources/gallery-videos/beginner-beekeeping-videos/p/192#GrSI97DkRa4

Using foundation and wire in the frames is something I always use. That gives you a frame that can be used for any purpose in the future. Some bee suppliers sell frames already made up and wired with foundation fitted. I always have a box with frames made up for when it is needed.
I am heading down your way in a week, maybe I can help you out or give you some advise then.
Regards

1 Like

Hi Peter, Thanks a lot for the offer.
I am finally on top of the procedure! Have 5 hives now, all still in Brood Boxes. Iā€™ll add the SUpers in Spring. Again, thanks for the advice and offer.
Cheers,
Jasper

1 Like

Have also made a reasonably good jig. Iā€™ll try posting it some time when I get the chance. So much on the go, have an acre full of fruit trees, a new deck almost finished and a very demanding Macaw, new puppy etcā€¦ Supposed to have just retired but am always on the bloody go! But Happy!

3 Likes

Know what you mean about retiring, it is hard yakka !! Glad you got on top of the issue.
Regards