Building my new hive

I’m in Charlotte, and I just received my new hive and was building it yesterday afternoon.

Below the brood box, I’m to insert a metal screen above the tray. The directions indicated that the screen is metal. There was something that was plastic that looked very similar to the metal screen picture but it did not fit. Should I cut this to form and place it in there?

Looking forward to my hive and leaning on ya’ll for answers.

There should be a screen bottom board that goes on the base below the brood box that is metal(flow hive 2 im aware of). The other plastic piece you mention should have slits running through it and that I assume you mean the queen excluder. Nothing needs to be cut when assembling

Thank you. I need to look a little harder for the screen then. I couldn’t find it and I believe that is where the problem started.

Appreciate your help.

The screen bottom usually has a removable piece of blue plastic protecting the surface, if that helps .

If you can’t find it, contact info@honeyflow.com and/or @Freebee2 for help.

1 Like

I had the same question when I was putting the base together. The metal screen was in a different part of the package – exactly where, I can’t remember now. But I finally found it!

3 Likes