Buying bees in France

Can anyone advise me where to buy bees to start a hive in Paris?

Hello and welcome to the Flow forum! :blush:

Maybe contact these guys? From the photos, it looks like they even have Flow hives!

:wink:

If your French is good, you might even want to sign up for their classes. They look very organized!

https://www.la-sca.net/inscriptions-aux-cours-d-apiculture-du-rucher-ecole-du-jardin-du-luxembourg

Hi. Thankyou for that info. It’s a great starting pount

1 Like

If I lived in Paris, I would take their classes. It looks very organised and professional. Even with 30 years of beekeeping experience, I would still want to see what they want to teach! It would improve my French too. Unfortunately, I am only in France for 3 months of the year, and when I am here, it is Mougins, not Paris… :blush:

Hi. Thanks Dawn for your reply. I’m reconsidering my plans for a hive in Paris as now I’ll only be in Paris/Cannes for 3 months a year for the foreseeable future. I presently live in Paris and Cannes.
In Paris I live very near the Butte Chaumont gardens so it would be a perfect feeding place for the bees…perhaps next year…

I was in Mougin a month ago. It’s a beautiful little town.
I’m moving back to Perth in June for family reasons so I’ll start a hive there.
Regards
Rob Davidson

1 Like

If you let me know when you visit Cannes, perhaps we can get together and discuss bees! :blush:

My husband and I both love bees and French living, and we know some really great places for a fabulous lunch in Mougins, if you are available.

Hi. I am presently in Cannes for a few more weeks but I don’t drive while in France and my wife (who is French) doesn’t drive, so Mougin may be a stretch but thanks for the suggestion. I have not had any bees before so it’s all new to me so it’s going to be fun starting up a hive. My wife has family living with us in Paris so I’m discussing with him the possibility of him looking after the hive in Paris, but….
I lived in Richmond Surry and Richmond Yorkshire for many years and London, and now Paris and Cannes and now Perth. It looks like I will be a beekeeper in Perth and just keep cats in Paris…
Regards
Rob Davidson

There is an excellent group of Flow hive beekeepers in Perth and WA on this forum. One of them was kind enough to name me as an “honorary sandgroper” some years ago. I am sure that you will find a lot of support here when you go back to Oz

A bientĂ´t!

:wink:

Yes I plan to contact them and ask for help. Thanks for your help
Rob

1 Like

It was a pleasure. All the best with your relocation. I always find moving extremely stressful. Hopefully it will go smoothly for you, and you will enjoy your bees when you get them :wink:

:raising_hand_man:t5: I’ll come visit! But my French is terrible, basically non-existent.

1 Like