I caught a swarm on Sunday (from my hive), and transferred them into a new nuc box. The box is brand new. I left them in the shade for a few hours, and noticed lots of ants on them when I came back.
I changed the disk to the queen excluder option, and then transferred the bees to a small farm about 25 minutes away. After 3 days, I noticed no activity in the hive so i opened it up, and they were all dead.
Quite devastated, and want to know what went wrong. Any ideas?
Here are a few pics of the before and after: http://imgur.com/a/zw7P6
Couple of things:
* The disk was set to queen excluder
* There is also another hole at the other side for ventilation (same size as the one in the pic with a grate to stop the bees getting out.
* There was no wax at all on any of the frames
* The box has no paint or anything else on it, it is brand new
* On the farm, they were in full sun (although I placed a a bit of corrugated iron above the hive to keep it a bit cooler)