Cleaning cloth stuck in flow channel (oops)

Hopefully this will help someone else in future. I decided to clean the flow frame channel/tube with a damp chux cloth wrapped around the flow key.

I’d done this before no worries, but this time I got distracted and accidentally shoved the chux beyond my reach.

Queue the next 30 minutes trying to pull the cloth back out wit the flow key. Then fingers. Then chopsticks. Then longer chopsticks. Then I tried to swear it out :sweat_smile:. Each attempt it disappeared just a bit deeper…

In the end I recovered it with a fishing hook duct taped to the end of the flow key.

So yeah may my suffering be of help to someone else in future.

At least the flow channel was nice and clean in the end…

1 Like

I find a rubber band helps keep it in place. And if I spin the key and withdraw, it has less chance of coming off. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

You need a long pituitary rongeur!

But seriously, you could always pop the wires off and get it out directly from between the layers.

I have this tool instead. Longer, and quite a bit cheaper if you are not a neurosurgeon!

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Grabber-Bendable-Reaching-35-4inch/dp/B07Y75N3DW/ref=sr_1_11?crid=YSI876QDCSUO&keywords=grabber+tool&qid=1637514802&sprefix=grab%2Caps%2C224&sr=8-11

Oh yes. That’s great for non-surgical plucking. :rofl:

1 Like

A piece of wire turned back on the end, using a pair of pliers.

2 Likes

Where’s the fun in that?? Altogether too practical and simple!

2 Likes

My go-to would be a crochet hook

2 Likes

Hi Alok, it might be too practical & simple, however it beats trying to swear it out. @Eva 's idea of the crochet hook works well at retrieving the rubber ring out of my olive oil drizzle bottle whenever it drops in.

1 Like

As you seem to be a brain surgeon, maybe we should ask Elon Musk to contribute some rocket science, or even use his Boring Company to solve this problem?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Wait, what? You’re supposed to clean the Flow frame channel? Oh man this beekeeping thing is harder than I thought…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes