First harvest for me, in south of Sweden

Thanks Flow hive team, works perfect!
First harvest for me, about 2 kg of honey
jörgen
Ramdala, sweden

8 Likes

hello there,
always nice to see the bucket filling…

looking at your photo- it is hard to see evidence that the frame is capped with any wax? The honey looks thick enough: but are you sure it was ripe?

1 Like

2.2 kg is what? About 4 pounds? It seems to that a frame would hold more honey than that. Was it a full frame? How about the other frames, got honey in them yet? Just curious because I would expect more weight than that, especially for what these things cost.

Jorgen,

Congrats ! Mine Flow-Hive setup just arrived. I’ve got a large healthy NUC of bees to add but not sure I have enough nectar flow left in my summer to give me a harvest. I still want to make sure the “girls” have honey/food to get through out cool/damp winter ahead.

Again … Congrats !
Gerald

Given the lack of visible cappings on any frames, the low amount harvested, the OP’s location on our planet (a relatively late spring) and the lack of a second brood chamber, Jörgen should really savor that honey.

Congrats?
It doesn’t look like the cells were ever capped? :confused:

Someone should stage an intervention… :expressionless:

@jorpet04 Jörgen , I understand that you are located near a lot of Canola (rapeseed), did you harvest quickly to avoid crystallization?
If so, I may have initially had the wrong impression and apologize.

1 Like

Hi Bobby,
Thats right we got alot of rapeseed around me. Local beekeepers says that you should harvest your honey one week after the flowering is over , just to avoid crystallization.
No harm
Sorry for my poor english
jörgen

3 Likes

well done…

make sure your frames are at least 90% capped if you can and you’ll get 3 Kilograms!!! :smile: