Flow Hive inspiration for getting bees?

I realise this topic is the best part of a year old, but I am someone who was inspired to start beekeeping for the first time after seeing a clip and learning about FlowHive.

I got into beekeeping because I knew I could do it with $0.00 expense if I wanted or needed. I didnā€™t have the want or need to do it without the expense but I wanted it to be done at minimal expense without all the hive bling that I keep reading about. Iā€™m constantly teaching my children how to actually make things with their hands, not just click ā€œpurchaseā€ and wait for UPS lol. Believe it or not, here in the US, there is a serious shortage of ā€œblue collarā€ workers. Kids are getting out of college and there are no jobs for them, yet there are tens of thousands of un-filled, high-paying positions for people that arenā€™t afraid to get their hands dirty and break a sweat. Iā€™m trying to hire right now and Iā€™m amazed at the lack of skills and laziness of the applicants so far. I want my kids to know there is dignity and satisfaction in this work as well. I want them to have the choice of making their own hive, or clicking the ā€œpurchaseā€ button.

4 Likes

Canā€™t tell you how refreshing your thoughts are in this post. especially,

:clap:

1 Like