Honeyflow.com | FAQ's |

Harvesting Bee Venom?

There was something on the ABC News tonight about harvesting bee venom to sell for $120.00 per gram.

Why? that’s the death of bees!

Actually, it doesn’t have to be. I have never used one, but you can get a device that fits in the entrance of the hive. It has a small electrical current running through it and this makes the bee lose a little venom without pulling the stinger out. The venom then dries within the device and can be harvested.
https://www.ebay.com/i/303091808763?chn=ps

Still seems potentially cruel to me, but it doesn’t kill the bees. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The Australian one may be even better:

4 Likes

I once got stung on the bridge of my nose, and swelling aside, my sinuses had never been more open making it easier to breathe. I even didn’t snore for a few days :laughing:

3 Likes

This is something interesting. I had never known that bee venom exists. I know they do sting people but I didn’t make much of it. I will have to read the benefits of this venom now

I’ve been wanting to collect it for a few years now but don’t know where to sell it.
Thinking of taking an Apitherapy course this fall. If anyone knows who is buying please let me know :):slightly_smiling_face:

Well I think it’s time for a new invention called the “Venom Flow” :smiley:

1 Like