Today I opened the brood nest. One of the issues I am realizing being foundation-less is the bees aren’t that interested in drawing comb during the nectar flow. Before the flow they were drawing it like crazy since not so much.
My first brood box filled up quickly with bees hatching/emerging everyday. It was time to add more frames. I added another box with empty frames above and after a week nothing. I moved the empty frames below and still nothing. So I decided to open the brood nest. I am worried about the queen getting honey bound. My outside frames have brood in them. They are bringing in nectar, so I took this risk to avoid a potential swarm due to lack of space. I checked the weather it should be really hot during the day and hopefully not to cold at night. Big risk hope it works out.
Here is a video of what I did.