So I’m about to put a stand and brood box out, just need to figure out where in my (small) yard to place it. What do you think?
- I’ve got the side corner area that has ivy/vine growth and no grass. (backyard, rightside when looking fron street; NW corner in shady area from aerial view) There’s a wooden picket fence through the middle of the ivy, splitting between driveway and backyard, with an iron fence connecting to neighbors yard. I could put it on either side of wooden fence, in this ivy stuff.
- There’s the back yard corner that no one really goes in, near the concrete square slab and the wooden privacy fence (southwest corner of aeriel view)… but I have to mow that area and we are planning to plant more. The wooden fence leading to front yard may be coming down in order to exand landscaping and permaculture plantings
- There’s the front yard side of the house in between the two properties, along the wall of the house (south side of house, left side of house viewed from street). But there probably is not enough space between neighbors house and mowing may cause stings.
- There’s the front yard, in the landscaping area, along the curved brick wall that separates the driveway from front yard (right side of house viewed from front, or north east corner of garage/driveway). I’ve read its good to have a obstacle or flight path like a wall for a hive. yay/nay?
- I’ve got a flat, white roof over my backyard patio I can easily access with a ladder. its not on the main house roof, just overtop the patio. West side of backyard.