Non-Beekeeping Matters

Hey Forum Community,

I’ve received a number of flags and complaints relating to comments about Covid-19.

I really understand everyone wanting to talk about this right now - it affects us all so profoundly and it is easy to become preoccupied by it.

However, I also understand that some people are fatigued by the topic and need a ‘safe place’ to find respite and distraction from it.

I’m not going to say ‘don’t discuss it’ - but suggest that perhaps we all try, where possible, to focus on aspects of it that relate to beekeeping (for example whether we are permitted to travel to inspect hives that are not kept on our property).

I also understand that many of you have forged friendships here and I think it’s totally fine to briefly check in with each other, particularly via private message. The aim is just to avoid it dominating, so that those who need a bit of a break from it may be afforded that here.

I hope you understand and that you are all navigating these strange times okay. Please feel free to contact me via private message if you need anything, I’ll do my best to help.

Warm regards,
Free

8 Likes