We know there are other topics related to this but I think more info is better than less.
We had originally planned on dividing the flow frames to fit a box with 3 and one with 4, but in the end because of our aversion to mixing wood frames with plastic we decided the best way to go was one box with all frames in it. For some reason in the past our bees ignore the plastic when there are wood frames in a box mixed with plastic frames. Overall, I’ve provided close ups so that you can see exactly how they all fit. I think the instructions were well made and easy to follow but we were very happy the inch system was provided and not just metric. It eliminated having to do conversion math. Basically you only need basic tools but we had a whole wood shop to work in and we had this completed in about 2 hours. Just a word of caution is that if you are not to good working with wood make sure for every hole you make for screws and or nails that you make a pilot hole as this will eliminate splitting the wood when installing them.
About the biggest concern we had was what type of material we wanted to use to secure the bottom of box after we cut the bigger door out. We selected from the junk pile a piece of galvanized steel strap and cut it to fit the length. As you can see it does have a slight lip on bottom but we see no problem that will create. We did need to plane the bottom of door to have snug fit. I still need to put a handle on it and get a couple of small nail to help hold the top little door in place. I’m not to sure about the honey stick handle on top as it might get in way of cover, but we will check that later on. The screws we used are one inch long wood screws and after a few adjustments they do make for a snug fit for frames in top and bottom of box.