Post your special pix's

excellent work on the wood… something I’ve never done much of…

here is a closer look into the side window…

some frames in the middle are more advanced than this one so those are the ones that I will drain… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Andrew,

That’s for the additional pix. Yah ! Bees usually built outward n upward. That’s why the center honey frames are advanced n capped first. This is normal.

I had a full 10 frame Cedar double deep with medium honey super arrive today. I am looking forward to assembling the hive bodies hopefully tomorrow if it isn’t rainy.

Just a couple pix’s of my new arrived package. Gerald.

Why does the rain affect it? I put my hives together in the kitchen! :smiling_imp:

Looking forward to seeing your result.

Dawn

Hmmm,

Not sure other than my baby kitchen has no room :grinning:. I guess I could use our rec-room … I was hoping to assemble then add the Tung Oil ! Does the oil have any odor. ( Vera is a bit sensitive) ? I want to build a frame assembly jig today as well as buy another cherry or exotic wood block for my wood lathe. My outer telescoping out lid is on back order but should be here in about 1week per enclosed note (no panic as bees not due for 4 to 6 more weeks from Southern Oregon). Glad I got my order in to my supplier last October/November as I am first on his list. Guess they have limited Nuc’s this year. Projects not lacking here ! :grinning:… Still have to replace two 8’ sections of boundary line fence for 6’ screen to finish local county code requirements too. I have the cedar boards ready to go but need to find 12 2x4 clip/holders. Wow ! What a bunch of rambling I wrote ! Sorrrrrry ! :wink:. Have a nice Saturday Dawn. (Misty n damp here) …:umbrella: Gerald

To me it smells nutty and slightly musty (like an old book).

It is warm and sunny here in Park City ski resort - snow is all melting… :flushed:

Dawn,

Only rain with little bit of sunshine ! I did not start my cedar hives today but primered n painted one used Observer Hive I am refurbishing n two other Nuc boxes I built.

I had to resand n make several repairs to cracked wood where holes for screw didn’t have pilot holes n split the softer pine. I removed all the latches n hardware to make finish n repairs easier. I refilled all cracks n holes with glue/sawdust mix or strong wood puddles. The obs hive is looking great. I was to use it for bee education. And help me learn how the bees do things too. I will have to wait n see if I can capture an easy Swarm this Spring or early Summer.

Well, I have to GO n lock my chickens up for the night. Oh … That smell doesn’t smell half bad. Tomorrow is another day but forecast promises another wet Pacific storm n dropping snow levels for the mountains n chilly for the bees n us. Spring can be fickle here.

Bye bye
Gerald

Hi all,

Just took several dusk pix’s last night. Enjoy ! I enjoy shooting all styles n different time. Light is a friend to a photographer. Without it we are all in the DARK ! :wink::sunglasses::+1:

Ta ta,
Gerald

1 Like