Removing veil when washing beekeeping suit

Tuck the hood into one of the sleeves and wash on a delicate cycle using soda crystals.

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion. Do soda crystals help with the washing?

Hi, I just managed to take the hood off for washing and it was surprisingly easy. I then tried to put it back on and it worked. So all good and thanks for everyone’s suggestions. I will be washing my bee suit gently when I do.
Hi Belinda,

To remove the hood, use the large zip pull to take it all around the hood & it will come off. Don’t force it… it should come off readily

3 Likes

That’s great news, thanks for letting us know! I still have some lingering concerns about the machine washing… although it does sound like others have had some good results :slight_smile: Perhaps just remember to check the mesh carefully (and repair if needed) as you do not want to get a ‘bee in your bonnet’ as I did! They don’t seem to enjoy it :wink:

1 Like

I will be very careful… it costs too much not to take care of!! Thanks again

1 Like

True! And I’m sure you will treat it with great care. Thanks Belinda :slight_smile:

Highly recommended for washing bee suits, gloves. Google & YouTube have copious information about how to clean clothing and equipment Bee26.

Works for me.

Using washing soda crystals as detergent I thoroughly recommend. I however won’t wash leather gloves.

I usually just apply some leather conditioning cream and that helps to mask any lingering pheromones from bee stings and keeps them supple.

I clean my leather gloves by wearing them, spray some isopropyl alcohol which removes most of the propolis and grime, and rub like I’m washing my hands. Then I apply leather cream. Sometimes I spray some alcohol inside too, stops them smelling, not that it bother me.

2 Likes

This a nice idea which I have tried and it works. Thanks for sharing the idea for the help of others.