I bought 2 new queens which showed up yesterday just before dark. I was fortunate enough to find the 2 old queen and pinched them (a dirty business for sure). The queen cage did not have a strap so I layed them on top of the frames with the cork in place. The cages did not come with the candy cork installed but did come with them to be installed.
It rained all last night and got down into the 40’s. it is to be in the low 40’s tonight and the high 30’s Saturday and Sunday night.
If it was warmer, I was going to wait and put the candy in on Saturday and by Monday they should be out, hoping for plenty of time for the workers to accept them. Since it is so cold at tonight, I am concered they will not keep them warm enough being in the cage and maybe not accepted yet. Should I direct release in only 1 day tonight before it gets down to low 40’s? Wait until Saturday and direct release before it gets down to the low 30’s with only a 2 day intro? Or put the candy cork in and let them caged until they are released Sunday or Monday?
My concern is with the cold but I also need them to be accepted?