Honeyflow.com | FAQ's | Community |

SW Virginia Bee Keepers

Hi.
I thought I would start this to have a place for Bee Keepers in SW Virginia to communicate with.

Hi Wade: You build it and they will come :smile: It takes people awhile to sort through all the topics. I am in NC but just wanted to say hi.

What part of NC are you from? I got some bees this spring from Kernersville.

I live just south of Charlotte.

Hi Wade - I’m not in SouthWest Virginia, but I am in Central Virginia. I’m located mid-way between Richmond and Charlottesville. Where are you located?

I am in Botetourt county. not too far away from you.

I have hives outside of Farmville and in the Hampton Roads area. I’m part of the Colonial Beekeepers Association.

Hi Wade! Smith Mountain Lake is not really SW VA, but we’re close.
I’m just getting started. Any tips for a newbie?

Hello, Old Dominion! Planning to start 2 hives late April in Nelson County about 30 minutes south of C’ville. Used to live in Poquoson, Daniel, and attended a couple of meetings of the Colonial Beekeepers – but I was still working then, and never was able to get going.
Guess I’m closest to Eurydc, but I understand there are 1 or 2 Flow beeks in C’ville as well.
Have you found that the honey flow was early this spring? I’m worried I will miss too much, but my nucs won’t be available till almost May 1.
Harris