New beekeepers here (English is not my native language. We are in Denmark). Hope someone can help.
We have added a new brood box with 4 frames (only) because we heard that they should not be too tight in the box. In the new added brood box there is no sign of eggs - actually the bees seem to built the wax from the various frames together…
- The wax frame seem to clash/melt in top box and bees seem to take this as an opportunity to built them together - but for what reason? (done so for 2 weeks now).
- Before we added the extra box, the bees placed honey in the flow frames - but now there is hardly any left in the flow frames - it seems as if the bees are moving it down to the lower box. Why?
- The two outer frames in the lower box seem to have honey in them. why? We are wondering why they are not producing honey up in the flow frames.
- There is a lot of honey in the brood box. Is that correct?
- The lower brood box is very packed, but should we remove the top new brood box (with only 4 frames), and “throw” the bees from top box to lower box? (if they can fit into this one)…
–or should we fill up the top brood box with frames to stop the “melting” of the frames? (btw the queen does not seem to come up there)
With a go-pro I shot this video. I someone would be so kind to what it and comment, we would greatly appreciate it. (the “action” starts from 3min20 secs.)
We are very excited about being beekeepers, and are sad to see that what seemed a success for us after a month, seems to … go the wrong direction in terms of amount of honey produced. But we hope the bees are doing fine though!)