Wanted Korean bee bee tree

Does anyone know where I can get an Evodia, Korean bee bee tree here in Perth West Aus?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bee-bee-Tree-Tetradium-daniellii-Evodia-daniellii-Tree-Seeds-HONEY-BEE-ATTRAC-/271464532829
You should have no problems getting it through customs and quarantine, unless it is a prohibited plant.
I have bought seeds for trees in the USA and Europe via ebay and had no problems.

1 Like

Cool thanks mate, just ordered some seeds. I’ll see how they fare in our climate. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I have approximately 512,993,234,007 seeds left from my 5 trees lol.

2 Likes

Fat lot of good they are down here Chilli. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I read they were fast growing when young. Any idea how they would grow in the heat over here?

Quote:‘Sorry Skeg, looke like these are no longer on the AQIS allowed seed list :frowning: If we send them customs will destroy them …’
So no Bee bee tree for me. :frowning:

Bummer. Plant a Grevillea robusta instead

1 Like

You mean another Robusta… I went through a stage collecting and planting Grevillias. They didnt flower for long this year.
I was looking forward to trying some Korean honey too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thought you wanted a tree. I have about 4 Honey Gem gevs and they flower almost 12 months of the year. They with a few other grevilleas is all my bees are surviving off.

1 Like

Does that mean you have them growing successfully?

Yes

20150720_144045

2 Likes

So jealous!!! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Dose your tree set seed? If so can you collect some for us??:pray::pray:
I bought seed last year from somewhere, but it wouldn’t come up… sat for months on the kitchen bench!!
Just a thought. S

1 Like

Is it legal for me to ship them into Australia from the USA?

1 Like

Only Western Australia I believe.

Allow me to translate @skeggley’s Ozzie accent… It is only prohibited to ship such seeds to Western Australia - they have very strict regulations against non-native species. :blush:

4 Likes

Isn’t that what @skeggley said?

Us WASSIES speak proper strayin.

4 Likes

I’d get in on that action… :slight_smile:
Provided it’s not banned.

Yeah exactly Dawn, thanks for that, we’re too busy here in the West propping up the rest of the nation to type long replies I’m afraid.
:pick:

3 Likes

Is it actually prohibited, or does it just require a permit? I did a quick search and couldn’t see it on any list of prohibited species (when searching for Tetradium daniellii , Evodia daniellii) but neither is it allowed. Usually in that situation you need to apply for a permit (bold is mine):

To check whether an organism is allowed into Western Australia, search the WA Organism List. Species not listed, or listed as ‘Declared Pest - Prohibited’, will require an import permit to enter the state, and may need to be kept in accordance with a permit or at a registered quarantine facility. Species listed as ‘Declared pest – s22(2)’ may be subject to movement and keeping restrictions within the state. Please contact the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development on +61 (0)8 9386 3333 for further information.

If I just search for Tetradium daniellii it appears as allowed:

https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/organisms/124286?search_string=Tetradium&per-page=20&sort-by=taxon&order-by=asc

Tetradium daniellii (Benn.) T.G.Hartley

Legal status: Permitted - s11

Permitted organisms must satisfy any applicable import requirements when imported. They may be subject to an import permit if they are potential carriers of high-risk organisms.

Presence in WA: Unknown

The Tetradium daniellii (Benn.) T.G.Hartley is Permitted - s11 for the whole of state and is not assigned to any control category for a local government area at this time.

Edit: @skeggley if you’ve ordered the seeds already and it turns out you need an import permit you usually need to have the permit in place BEFORE the seeds arrive at the border…

1 Like