Yesterday’s inspection revealed 3 swarm cells in the upper brood chamber at the bottom of the bars.
One of the cells was full of creamy royal jelly and the other two were just eggs.
Space/overcrowding is the issue. My queen has been laying like crazy since I started with a 3-frame nuc 9 weeks ago so there are a LOT of bees. All 16 frames in the two brood chambers are covered with bees as is the Flow Super.
I’m not certain that I want to do a split just yet (need some more woodenware) so I’ll give it another couple of weeks. I cut the 3 swarm cells and added an additional super on top of the Flow Frame to buy a little time and to give idle bees something to do. I’ll have to inspect closely each weekend from now on since the urge to swarm has hit.
If they build more swarm cells I’ll make my final decision on splitting then.
Wish they’d have capped the nectar before I had to add the additional super.