Honeyflow.com | FAQ's |

A New Reality Series Coming to Aussie TV "The Bee Whisperer"

It starts on the 2nd of October on SBS Viceland. The trailer shows what looks like some cowboy beekeepers removing bee colonies from wall cavities in the U.S.

1 Like

We watched it last night. My mentor reckons he did everything wrong. He did some things right in my view, however with a lot of rush, tear & bust, resulting in a lot of unnecessary bee deaths, not to mention a lot of stings that could have been avoided.

I notice in the opening trailer that he looks like he’s assembling a Flow2, which could be in another episode.

At the end of this episode he attempts a tree trap-out which went horribly wrong. I would have done it differently without any banging & a different funnel, which would have finished up with a positive result.

1 Like

Watched the 1st of the series last night. As a summary it was worthwhile and enjoyable viewing. The characters had a cowboy spirit about them, but bear in mind it produced/edited to be entertaining.
Recommended to watch.

2 Likes

Hi Felmo, it was entertaining, to say the least. However hard to watch knowing that there’s easier, although slower ways of doing things with less bee casualties.

I had no idea what that huge wire funnel was going to achieve, as well as how he was going to attach it to the tree. I was out of the room when he upset the bees. Wilma said that he had some sort of hand tool he used to chip away at the entrance for some reason. I wonder if he’ll show a successful trap-out of those bees in the next episode.

It wasn’t a bad show last night. They did (at a university) some drone popping, queen grafting, as well A.I. The last segment after the hurricane really illustrated the foul smell that can develop with many thousands of dead bees mixed with hive beetle larvae with slime. We thought that he could have worn a mask with Vicks Vaporub inside his nose to help mask the foul odor that caused him to gag so much.

I didn’t think that dumping it all on the ground outside was a good idea.

1 Like